Woods + Dangaran
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Wed, Jul 7 ’21Posted on:
Job Opening – Interior Designer
Many firms describe their work as “transformative”—architecture as an accomplished fact. At Woods + Dangaran, we create modern homes through dialogue and exploration. By collaborating closely with our clients throughout the design process, we are better able to inspire them with the finished product. By working closely with trusted tradespersons, we can deliver work that is uncompromising in craftsmanship.
Based in Los Angeles and working across the country, we design holistically and at every scale: from integrating architecture and interiors to creating custom furnishings. The result is projects that are subtle and disciplined, pure in form, and focused on realizing sublime experiences of space and light. Each building is a carefully curated journey through indoor and outdoor environments that are quietly luxurious, elegantly fluid, and warmly modern. We foster a collaborative environment where our studio members are involved in all stages of projects from design conception to completion.
- Support design development with research regarding concept, materials, and products, bringing new ideas to the table.
- Produce sample material palates, both physically and digitally.
- Maintain digital and physical product libraries. Order, return and organize samples, and schedule vendor visits to the studio when necessary.
- Assist with client presentation preparation.
- Participate in client meetings and work directly with clients.
- Support the procurement process, fielding quotes, purchase orders, and item tracking for multiple projects simultaneously. Manage project documentation.
- In collaboration with the Senior Interior Designer, draft custom furniture and coordinate each piece’s production
- Coordinate with warehouse and couriers on deliveries, incoming shipments, memos, and client move-ins.
- This position reports to the Senior Interior Designer, Operations Manager, and Partners.
- A Bachelor degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field
- 2-3 years experience in high-end residential interior design
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficient skill with AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite. Proficiency with Revit is preferred.
- A passion for design and advanced visual and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English and a valid, long term work status in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
We hire carefully and for the long term. We offer a competitive compensation package including a 401 (k), health, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples with indication of your role on the projects submitted to [email protected] Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates that are considered for the position will be contacted. No hard copies, drop-ins, or telephone calls. Reposting this job description elsewhere in not permitted.
Back to Job List…